SpamBot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Cowher: I won’t coach next year

Go down

Bill Cowher: I won’t coach next year Empty Bill Cowher: I won’t coach next year

Post  Swinderman Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:15 am

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher, expected to be targeted by the Dolphins in their next coaching search, said Sunday he has no plans to coach next season.

Cowher, speaking ocheap nfl jerseysn the air from his studio-analyst chair at CBS, also denied an NFL.com report that the Dolphins already have contacted him. Dolphins owner Stephen Ross disputed that report Friday.

If Cowher does not change his mind, the Dolphins are expected to reach out to former Tennessee coach Jeff Fisher and ESPN analyst Jon Gruden, but only after Tony Sparano has been dismissed.

The Dolphins also will likely speak with other candidates, potentially including former Ravens coach Brian Billick and former 49ers coach Steve Mariucci.

As of last weekend, former Gators coach Urban Meyer was not considered a prime candidate for the job. But that could change if the Dolphins decide to consider top current or recent college coaches.

Gruden recently signed a five-year extension with ESPN, but it is believed that he can leave to take a coaching job. He has told ESPN that he intends to remain in broadcasting but has declined to say that publicly or definitively.

As for Cowher, he towholesale nfl jerseysld viewers Sunday, “I am here to say to you today, I do not plan on coaching next year. I love where I work and, most importantly, I enjoy the people that I work with. So I can put all the speculation to rest. And if I have to repeat this in December again, I will. I plan on being in the same seat next year.”

Cowher said he is “flattered” by the interest from teams, but said, “I’ve not been contacted directly or indirectly by any football team or organization.”

LINEUP CHANGES

Injuries prompted two changes in the Dolphins’ starting lineup and had a role in a third. Rookie cornerback Jimmy Wilson replaced Vontae Davis, who missed his third game this season with a hamstring injury. Nate Garner started at left guard in place of Richie Incognito, who has an ankle injury.

Though Reshad Jones played after missing one game with a knee injury, Tyrone Culver got the start at free safety for the second week in a row.

Besides Davis and Incognito, the Dolphins’ other inactive players were Daniel Thomas (hamstring), Clyde Gates, Will Barker and Will Yeatman.

• Rookie center Mike Pouncey left in the third quarter with a neck injury and will undergo an X-ray. “I took a shot to my head, and my legs and arms were tingling,” he said. But Pouncey said he was feeling OK after the game.

Garner moved over to center for one play, and former Minnesota starter Ryan Cook then played center for the rest of the game, with Garner moving back to guard. … Receiver Marlon Moore left the game with a foot injury and did not return. Karlos Dansby left briefly with an arm injury.

• Despite a 6-for-6 start, Matt Moore finished with a dismal 58.6 rating, with one interception and a modest 138 yards on 13-for-22 accuracy.

“The guy played a good game,” Sparano said.

Moore ran for 31 yards on five carries. “Coming into the game, we knew he had a little rib injury and we didn’t feel as though he was going to run as much as he did,” Giants dCheap NFL Jerseysefensive end Justin Tuck said. “In the third quarter, we sat down and said, ‘He’s kind of killing us a here, so we have to do something about it.’ We started doing more inside as far as letting our tackles eat up the offense instead of putting them on the edges like we did in the first half.”

Swinderman

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum